Sunday

Distraction



In the middle of it all is a magnificent building, aluminum, solid. Alone in its glory, set against a backdrop of pure black- but strong under a tremendous cloud of yellow.

My world consists of black nights and sage stars. My conscience is a white elephant bathing in the moonlight - it's curly trunk swirling, reaching for the midnight sky.

Lately, a band of very odd fruits have been inhabiting my house. In my backyard, a lonely minotaur kicks dirt as slowly, he expires, smiling.

Across the darkness, a string of stars flutter brightly, burning, shooting their way into the doors of my imagination.

And there are dandelions…singing in midair…whispering the end of summer in my ears.

Scented letters
Secret memories
Transient days never to return again.

Sometimes, a human touch penetrates these landscapes and I am instantly undone.

And I can be seen soaking the sun, peeking from behind cotton candied puffs of clouds.

Drizzling down again with the moonlight