Sunday

Dia de las madres ;)

Me and my mom...
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone

"I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, M*A*S*H, "Identity Crisis,"

"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden." ~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi

"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." ~Charles R. Swindol

When I was a kid, my mom used to tell me a story about a huge bamboo tree and it's children. It remains one of my favorite little stories in the world. "Why children don't have tails" By: My mom!

A very, very long time ago, people used to have tails. However, during this time, when little children were out in the forest - they could jump inside the big bamboo trees when they were scared. All the families had their own bamboo tree that they relied on for protection. One day, six young children were out playing in the forest when a bamboo tree sensed danger. There was a crocodile heading there way - so the tree started waving it's leaves to bring the children in. The children ran towards the tree, as it began to open, splitting from the middle. Each child jumped into the safety of the tree, as the last, littlest brother jumped in - the bamboo tree snapped close - because the crocodile was about to jump in too. But when the tree snapped close, the littlest brother's tail was still hanging on the outside. When all was safe, the tree opened up to let the children out - but the littlest brother's no longer had his tail and from that point forward, children were never born with tails.

So - go out and give your mom a hug, a smile - a card. For those who are in remembrance of their mother, today is a great day to look at family photos with loved ones and tell stories about your childhood and your mom. Below - something for the mom's to have a laugh with - remember, no matter how bad your little one gets - at least he isn't Homer Simpson.