Saturday

Bioluminescence

And then there are the days when you think back, wanting and waiting for simpler times. I think of that day where I first saw a Lightning bug and the insurmountable amount of joy that was brought into my life at that moment. To be completely entranced and delighted by something so simple. A little, tiny insect which could glow in the dark. Now, it seems that maybe those needs, those wants...haven't wavered quite as much as I once thought. The world is full of Fire Flies. The world in it's infinite being casts a glow if you stop to see it, pause long enough to be mesmerized by it. Bioluminescence abounds in faint and overt ways. Life can be still, so long as you allow yourself to live within the moment and not around it. Life lives and breathes within and throughout us. A primal feeling of polarity streams through my veins of inner consciousness whenever I stop to think about it. Whenever I feel that fundamental need to feel that energy. Whenever I feel the need to know that inevitably we are all one with each other. Life is such an intricate circle of balances. I take every moment of sadness, every moment of pain, every moment of confusion to be a pillar that leads me to each and every moment of joy, every moment of happiness, every moment of clarity. I see things, hear things. Although I am bothered by some of the mundane things, I am fortunate to get through them quickly. I will not waste my time on those who choose to be blind, on those who refuse to move forward, on those who are more concerned with the material than the spiritual. In many ways you are one with all that is good as well as all that is bad and all that falls between the two. Life is a painting which is incomplete. You are the master of the ultimate vision although many will also leave their mark making the end unique to you. Appreciate every little annoyance because it makes you appreciate the simpler things more. Life is not complicated...people choose to make it that way. Life is yours until you give the power over it to someone else. I am so lucky and happy to be me.

"If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years." -Bertrand Russell

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor

"To believe in God or in a guiding force because someone tells you to is the height of stupidity. We are given senses to receive our information within. With our own eyes we see, and with our own skin we feel. With our intelligence, it is intended that we understand. But each person must puzzle it out for himself or herself." - Sophy Burnham